New Business Manager
Candyspace are experts in designing, building and optimising digital products. We create websites, mobile apps and commerce solutions for ambitious organisations investing in growth and digital transformation. We are trusted to deliver by some of the world’s best-known brands, including ITV, Rolls-Royce, Mazda, Mars and Colgate.
Working at Candyspace is about building products that people love. We all work hard to define the sweetspot between customer demand and the needs of the businesses who employ us. And by building products that they all love, we love those products too. To do this you will be part of a diverse and inclusive team of like-minded people, ambitious for themselves and passionate about what they do. You will work on exciting and challenging projects.
Candyspace is an equal opportunities employer and we strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply for roles here. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know and feel free to note which pronouns you use (she/her, he/him, they/them etc).
The New Business Manager is responsible for helping to facilitate and execute Candyspace’s sales strategy. You’ll help us to drive the growth of the business through playing a critical role in coordinating pre-sales activities, and through generating and nurturing leads.
You’ll support the Senior Growth Manager in responding to proposals and driving the activities of the team leading up to meetings and pitches with prospective clients. Working closely with the Marketing Executive, you’ll build a pipeline of leads using a range of tactics and nurture leads into opportunities.
The New Business Manager will need to develop a strong understanding of industry trends, Candyspace’s solutions and our partner technologies, and confidently be able to present the benefits of these in a consultative manner to senior client stakeholders.
You will be responsible for the execution of the new business sales strategy, including:
- Facilitating all pre-sales activity from initial client meeting through to proposal submission and pitch preparation.
- Co-ordinating practitioners and resources across Candyspace to ensure the timely and successful delivery of client responses.
- Preparing materials for proposal submissions and pitches.
- Developing and maintaining a library of sales collateral (e.g. creds decks, battlecards and case studies).
- Using a range of outbound tactics (calls, emails, LinkedIn etc.) to connect with prospective clients.
- Running ABM campaigns in collaboration with the Marketing Executive to generate new leads.
- Monitoring tender platforms for suitable opportunities.
- Conducting desk research into target companies.
- Developing a strong understanding of market trends, Candyspace’s solutions and our partner technologies.
- Securing initial meetings with prospective clients.
- Responding to inbound calls and enquiries from prospective clients.
- Proactively building relationships with prospective clients to nurture leads into opportunities.
- Conducting co-business development initiatives with Candyspace’s key technology partners
- Attending industry events to network with prospective clients.
- Managing databases and updating all sales activity in the CRM (Hubspot).
- The set-up, measurement, analysis and evaluation of sales activity.
- Running regular reports for the Senior Growth Manager.
- 2+ years experience in a B2B business development or sales role
- Excellent communication skills with a strong ability to handle objections and drive forward conversations.
- Confident, presentable and personable, with a consultative approach to selling.
- Proven ability to build relationships with senior decision-makers and budget-holders.
- Strong problem solving skills with a talent for turning challenges into opportunities.
- Excellent collaborator with the capability to coordinate team members to hit deadlines.
- Experience of working in a new business role at an agency or a technology company.
- Experience of working with enterprise clients.
Candyspace Benefits Package
We believe in maintaining the health and wellbeing of all who work at Candyspace... So you will benefit from : 20 days annual leave, Bank Holidays + 2 weeks over Xmas (including the Bank Holidays), MacBook, company pension scheme, permanent health insurance (sickness cover), Life Assurance, cycle to work scheme, training & development plan, cereal & fruit, Xbox, table football, and our always popular company socials.