New Business Manager
The New Business Manager is responsible for driving sales and business growth for Candyspace, together with managing the lead generation function. This is a sales role - focused on engaging with new prospects to bring in new clients for Candyspace and secure growing sales and revenue for the business.
An ambitious, driven, sales-focussed, positive and solutions focused new business professional that is able to clearly articulate the approach, reference projects and business benefits of Candyspace’s core business offerings and close deals.
Drives daily interaction with target organisations via email, phone, social media, networking and face-to-face opportunities with a goal of arranging qualified meetings with prospects and driving the relationship through to receipt of a brief and ultimately leading to sales. Works hand in hand with the marketing team and has strategic input into marketing activity.
Hardworking, fearless, tenacious, driven and conscious of the importance of the sales team’s role in creating an impactful first impression with Candyspace clients & business partners. The New Business Manager understands the importance of service as well as their role leading and driving sales for the business. At all times being a positive and credible face of the company and is presentable and ready to meet clients at all times.
New business generation
- Meets quarterly target for new client wins/deal making
- Meets quarterly target for new business revenue generation and sales
- Sell value based products
- Tenacious focus on lead generation leading to conversion and sales wins
- Strategically works to continuously evolve and strengthen the lead generation function
- Ensures weekly targets for outbound email are met
- Ensures weekly targets for outbound calls are met
- Ensures monthly targets for meetings booked are met
- Records and manages all sales activity in Candyspace CRM (Hubspot)
- Produces weekly and monthly sales performance reports
New sales opportunity identification
- Daily use of Candyspace tools (Pearlfinders, ZoomInfo, Hubspot) to drive outbound activity
- Attends industry and networking events
- Active on social channels relevant to business development (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Medium)
- Constantly watching and engaging with relevant social and news channels.
- Up to date with the trends of digital innovation and opportunities these can bring prospective clients.
- Aware of and able to leverage developments with targets’ business and within their industry.
- Completes sales qualification forms for new opportunities
Pitch and proposal production
- Leads sales meetings, proposals and pitches
- Responsible for creds and proposal deck creation
- Works with delivery team to shape and define commercial proposition and sales packages
- Oversees library of standard sales responses
Existing client support
- Work with Client Partner team to drive incremental revenue post initial sale
- Identify opportunities to upsell and cross-sell into existing clients
- Recording billable time in Candyspace system (Synergist))
- Strong knowledge of all Candyspace stories / case studies
- Ability to introduce Candyspace; tailor to focus on prospect requirements
- Can clearly explain Candyspace USPs
- Comfortable presenting the Candyspace proposition and maintaining ongoing relationships with prospects at all levels
- Line manage a New Business Executive and Marketing Executive
- Own the Sales and Marketing function within Candyspace
- Ensure your team are hitting their KPIs and continuously pushing to exceed beyond expectations
- Run appraisals and ongoing goal setting and feedback to your team and report up to the Head of Client Services
COMMUNICATION, INTERNAL AND STRATEGIC SKILLS
- Ambitious with a growth mindset, tenacious and sales focused
- Can handle objections and exhibits tenacity to fight past initial 'no' responses
- A drive and passion to succeed and always better yourself and drive for the same in your team
- Can do attitude, work closely with the CEO, Head of Client Services and all internal stakeholders towards the common goal
- Represents Candyspace in the most professional and positive light
- Can build rapport with prospects. Enthusiastic, positive
- Identifies new opportunities for clients and pitches; strategic approach to new business and marketing, innovative thinking about new ways to reach clients
- Ensures opportunities identified contribute to overall company goals and direction
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Attends other Candyspace team sessions (tech lunch, creative breakfast) to understand their roles and processes in the business
Candyspace Benefits Package
We believe in maintaining the health and wellbeing of all who work at Candyspace... So you will benefit from : 20 days annual leave, Bank Holidays + 2 weeks over Xmas (including the Bank Holidays), MacBook, company pension scheme, permanent health insurance (sickness cover), Life Assurance, cycle to work scheme, training & development plan, cereal & fruit, Xbox, table football, and our always popular company socials.